Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Evolution of a Tattoo Artist and Human Being

There is no life that does not rise
melodic from scales of the marvelous.—
—from "The Venice Poem" by Robert Duncan

This is a favorite bit from a poet I enjoy reading. My interpretation of this bit out of the Venice Poem speaks volumes about the work we do at Aberration Pro Custom Tattoo Company. I had a dream once I personally moved out to the State Line Area. That dream was to be able to open a tattoo shop that would be like no other one in the area. Customer Service was the base of the pyramid in which I was to build. I wanted everyone that walked into the door to feel like they were apart of the family. I wanted them to feel very comfortable in the environment because of the procedure they were about to get. After all we are working with needles and not to mention emotions that come with the tattoo process.

I knew customer service in the tattoo industry was lacking. I worked at as a Store Manager at AutoZone. What that company taught me was that customer satisfaction was a top priority for businesses. I took that knowledge and applied its concepts to an industry that was lacking. The second brick or level in the pyramid was to give my employees the ability to have a fun environment as well as education that will prove vital in their career. I'm not talking just the art skills and customer service skills I learned, but the knowledge to grow as a human being.

I'm personally lacking in this category but hope to improve as time goes on. We as artist must grow in our search to obtain a broad area of human evolution. My brother would always say one must evolve if they are to enjoy life. Art is my way of improving my skills as a person. Just like the cavemen long ago I like self expression through pictures and paintings done by others. I get to read their culture through art. I get to see their struggles and achievements through art. I believe it is a much needed skill that every artist must achieve. If you cannot relate to the customers background or at least understand where they are trying to go with a piece-How then can you provide your customer with the up most in satisfaction?

My last goal was to try and show those out there that Tattoo Studios are not filled with rock star attitudes or plain out of the society was of thinking. Yes many in the industry do not have good people skills. But a vast majority of us do have great personalities- it's just society has turned on us. We are no more less patriotic then the next. We are just very artistic and show it every day we walk into public. It can be us having sleeves of beautiful tattoos or extreme piercings. I believe that body art is what makes us individuals and not a whole.

So what does the abstract say to me? The human brain and life in general is a marvelous experiment started billions of years ago. A process of divine intervention led to the mountain ranges we gaze upon, or the stars above that have every human in history in complete amazement when they stare up towards the heavens. We as artist can express our thoughts and skills through our tattoos and piercings. We too can create life into our work and effect people in very good ways or very bad ways. When you sit down and place that stencil on someone make sure you know that your about to touch someone on a very personal level. Do your best to put them at ease. Bring your piece to life using the skills you were given.
 

Blog Archive

Friends

Blog List